Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

jholmes

Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

Post by jholmes »

On the DMX Map in the patch editor, despite that there is an option for "Universe X" TO "Universe Y" it only ever shows one universe. I'm trying to see everything because I had to take out two fixtures (so I need to skew my entire setup by about 240 channels). Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Patch Editor DMX Map Only Shows One Universe

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
There is no bug in the representation of the "DMX Map" in MADRIX.
I think you will be a bit confused about this representation. The representation of the "DMX Map" is like the representation of the "Voxel Map" or "DVI Map" organized in slices. That means every universe is an own slice. If multiple DMX fixtures have the same DMX address but different universes and you enable the "View From Universe X To Universe Y" option the fixture of the Universe X will cover the others.
If the DMX fixtures on the different universes have different DMX addresses you will find all of them when you enable the "View From Universe X To Universe Y" option.
jholmes

Post by jholmes »

Thank you for the clarification.
If I need to remap my entire grid without changing the location of the fixtures on the map, what is the best way to do this?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
If you want to change settings of a patched fixture you can do this in the following way.
On the right side of the "Patch Editor" besides the patch grid you will find the "Settings Section" on this section you can change the DMX address assignment and also the possition of every patched fixture. You only have to select the desired fixture(s), change the settings and click "OK".
jholmes

Post by jholmes »

Thank you! That window was hidden from me so I didn't see it until I reset the default layout. Unfortunately, that feature doesn't seem to do what I need. Even when I offset the channel number, if changes all the selected devices to the same channel numbers, instead of sequentially offsetting each fixture from the one before it.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
It seems that you have chosen the wrong edit field to set an offset in the settings section.
In the settings section you will find two edit fields for every setting. The first one means you will set the desired parameter to the deisred value. Equals how much fixtures you have selected. Every selected fixture will get the same parameter.
The second edit field means you can setup an offset to the current value of the desired parameter. Also in that case it is equals how many and which fixture you have selected. MADRIX will calculate the desired value to the current value for every fixture.