DMX Device Manager not remembering universe settings.

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mattm

DMX Device Manager not remembering universe settings.

Post by mattm »

I give up. I've tried 4 times now to set Madrix's DMX device settings to match the DMX universes and ACN settings used in my system.

As I go through the 14 universes I'm using one by one, I can see that Madrix is communicating with my gear, and by the time I get to the end, all the universes are lit correctly and responding as I would expect them to.

So far, so good. Having set the device settings where I want them, I save them as a .mdmxx file using the "save the device settings as..." button in the lower left hand corner of the window (I've also tried exporting the settings from the File menu, with the same result).

When I quit Madrix and then restart the program, the device settings go back to their default settings (DMX universes 1...XX, ACN universes 1...XX).

I try reloading the .mdmxx settings file I've just created before shutting down the program...and the program loads the file with default settings.

Either the .mdmxx file is not being saved properly, or Madrix is not loading it correctly.
jaekel
Developer
Developer

Re: DMX Device Manager not remembering universe settings.

Post by jaekel »

Hi mattm,

there is not a bug.
MADRIX restore only the virtual universes in streaming ACN (all settings right side in the MADRIX device manager).
MADRIX don't restore the hardware settings there are set via "Configure Device" button.
If you change the hardware ACN universe your are sure that this hardware universe exist before you load the virtual universe from device settings. Especially in streaming ACN is, if you change the hardware universe then changed also the IP addresses. A simple way for your configuration is: streaming ACN devices start with hardware universe 1....x

Jaekel
danozfw

Post by danozfw »

I'm am having the same issue, I can not save DMX Device Settings using sACN. I was able to save them in Madrix Version 2 and I am using the steps in Version 3, but can not get them to save. Any help would be appreciated.
jaekel
Developer
Developer

Post by jaekel »

Hi,

we have found a small difference between MADRIX 2X and MADRIX 3X in the loading function for Streaming ACN. We will test it out and we hope we can fix it for the next version.

Jaekel
jaekel
Developer
Developer

Post by jaekel »

Hi,

we have fixed the differences between MADRIX 2X and MADRIX 3X in the loading function for Streaming ACN.

The next release version will include the fix.

Hi mattm,
I think that it is the same problem as first described by you. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Jaekel
mattm

Post by mattm »

Thanks for the updates on this issue.

I had to go back to 2.0 -- I was never able to solve this. I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy. :D

I will check out Madrix 3.0a and report back.

Cheers,
Matt
danozfw

Post by danozfw »

It works now...thanks for the update.