enttec dmx usb pro

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

anibalivan

enttec dmx usb pro

Post by anibalivan »

hi
im trying to use my enttec dmx usb pro as a dmx imput from my sunlite suite interface to madrix3.1. i already installed the drivers for it 2.08.28 for a pc on windows 8 64bit. when i use the enttec pro manager it recognize the module, and the receiving dmx signal perfect. when i open madrix 3.1 it recognize it but only as a output dmx interface . it wont let me choose the input button &it blinks constantly once every 2 seconds.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: enttec dmx usb pro

Post by Wissmann »

Yes this is correct and we are sorry but we discontinued the dmx in support for the enttec usb pro with MADRIX 3 because of a lot of issues we have with it in the MADRIX 2 version.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
cg

Post by cg »

Is this still true and final for the "mk2" version of the enttec dmx usb pro? I just bought one, as it is advertised to be "supported by madrix", only to find out that madrix is just able to use one output and neither the second universe nor the input...

EDIT:
alright, I found the Madrix3 help page http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... faces.html
that states it will not allow DMX input.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello cg,
The "Enttec - DMX USB Pro MK2" will work only with one DMX output port in MADRIX. This interface is not an official supported interface of MADRIX. Please have a look to the "MADRIX supported interfaces": http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... faces.html
If you want to use the "Enttec - DMX USB Pro MK2" in connection with MADRIX you have to enbale the FTDI driver in the MADRIX Options. Therefor you have to start MADRIX and then go to "Preference > Options...", switch to the "Devices USB" tab and enable FTDI.
Can you please write where you find the advertising that the "Enttec - DMX USB Pro MK2" is MADRIX supported?
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.
cg

Post by cg »

It is advertised to be compatible with Madrix on the common shop pages (thomann, musik-produktiv). The Enttec page is not totally clear, but has Madrix in its list as well.
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

Hi cg,

Today I checked the websites. You are right. I's advertised to be compatible with MADRIX on the common shop pages thomann and musik-produktiv. It's because they are using the product description from the manufacturer ENTTEC.

I want to tell you why we decided to disable the input feature of the DMX USB Pro and the newer MK2.

We make sure that our software and hardware products are working seamlessly together. Over the last years we received customer requests were MADRIX clients talked about their problems using DMX USB Pro as DMX-IN device. We don't want that our clients have problems using our products.

Sadly we are not able to change the features of the ENTTEC interfaces / firmware and/or drivers we decided to disable the input feature in MADRIX 3 until it works flawlessly and robust. We had also to drop the support of other USB-DMX interfaces in MADRIX 3 because of missing support of newest MS Windows operating systems or e.g. missing support of 64bit drivers.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

Btw: You can use the MADRIX USBone, MADRIX NEO, MADRIX PLEXUS, MADRIX LUNA 4, MADRIX LUNA 8, MADRIX LUNA 16 or Art-Net IN or these interfaces http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... faces.html to remote control the MADRIX software.
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
cg

Post by cg »

Thanks for getting back on this. I finally got 2 peperoni interfaces and hope they will stay supported.