kinetic orbis fly

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

alialiali64

kinetic orbis fly

Post by alialiali64 »

as you know, most kinetic orbis fly are using your software, most of them use the motor as light and control it in 2D layout, is it possible to add the kinetic orbis fly as fixture with 4 DMX Channels 3 for RGB and 1 for Motor and to be used in 3D

Thanks
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: kinetic orbis fly

Post by Wissmann »

Hi alialiali64,
if it would be this easy for sure we already have done it ;-)
The OrbisFly Systems we have knowledge about uses DMX adressing in a way a typical DMX Fxiture was not possible.
Mostly because of the splitted adress ranges for the rgb channels and the winch channel.
For example rgb started at channel 1 and for the winch at channel 80, than again rgb from channel 120 and winches again from 200. Something like this.
Or in other cases the channels for the rgb and the winch was located on sperate DMX universes.
For the second part i like to ask you what did you expect with a 3D Patch for installations like this?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
alialiali64

Post by alialiali64 »

Hi Wissmann

Thanks for your reply, I am still thinking about it but still nothing I will let you know about when ready
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Ok
mzhajjar

Post by mzhajjar »

Hi

Can we change the DMX addressing in OrbisFly Systems, as you know each point consist of 1 RGB + 1 winch we need 3 Channels for the RGB + 1 Channel for the winch so we make a light fixture with 4 channels then there must be some tool in the madrix to control the movement
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The movement of the OrbisFly is controled by one Color/DMX Channel.
Mostly the red channel on one map is used to control the hight of the Orbis balls. and the RGB Channels of a second map is used for the colors.
If the OrbisFly System would cover 4 channel RGB + movement togehter (without gap in the DMX addresses between RGB and movement) it would be easy to create a fixture with 4 DMX Channels where the 4th channel is the white color which than could be used for the movement. Unfortuantely, so far we know, this is not the case.
reporter

Post by reporter »

I created an application in Processing to allow me to visualize how Madrix is controlling the Orbis Fly fixtures:
Screenshot 2016-10-21 12.35.12.PNG
Screenshot 2016-10-21 12.35.12.PNG (100.52 KiB) Viewed 68635 times
My grid of lights is 22x22 and I created a patch that is 70x22. Within that I have a grid group that controls colour that is 22x22, then two pixels space, then a grid group that controls motor position at 22x22 then two pixels space, then final grid group that controls motor speed at 22x22.

The new group function in Madrix is really helpful for this install. It quickly let's me map layers to certain area, and even apply master level controls to a group so I can easily limit the length that motors go out.

Nathan
ncurato

Post by ncurato »

Hi.

Excuse me for my English, I'm using google translate, you could send me that application to visualize the OrbisFly movement. thank you very much