Group control

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Arnage

Group control

Post by Arnage »

Hello. I want to use Madrix for Architectual Lightning. Usually we have a many type of different luminaries on the facade. I need have a possibility to play a different effects on groups consisting of different type luminaries. It's not a problem to create a different effects for separate groups. But what can i do if i have the group within the more big group?
Please See the pic.

Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Group control

Post by Wissmann »

Are you only interested to have different effects on this two sections? Or have you in mind to play from time to time effects over all.
The reason i ask for is because of the patch. In the first case you maybe just split the patch to make it more eays on fixture type on the left the other on the right, so the group areas do not overlap.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

Thank you for answering.
I understood it. I want to have two different ways for playing effects. My building it's a skyscraper (about 500universes) with a many different groups.
I saw your team added Group control to Madrix. But why when I choose my group in Map, effects work for all display. I think it's incorrect. If I create group I should have possibility playing the effects only for luminaries in this group.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The Fixtire Groups was developed to have different access to the Brigthness of the fixtures. We add the additional feature to use groups (and in this case there bounding box) as a preset for the map and tile.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

One possibility is to use the macro of the second layer to make parts of the layer transparent.
Below a sample macro which have to be used in the PostRender methode.

Code: Select all

void PostRenderEffect()
{	
	color tansparent = {0,0,0,0,255};
	DrawPixelShape(transparent, DRAWSHAPE_RECTANGLE, 0,0,0,10,50,1,1, DRAWMODE_VOLUME);
}
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Second possibility:
1. Layer - Effect 1
2. Layer SCE Image with a PNG as Mask. Areas of Effect 1 are transparent in this PNG areas of Effct 2 are black and opaque.
3. Layer Linked - Effect 2
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

Wissman thank you for idea.