BPM detection, Global Hue Shift and more!

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dsquareddan

BPM detection, Global Hue Shift and more!

Post by dsquareddan »

With M2L and S2L I'm surprised Madrix does not have a built in BPM detection software thru audio input. It would be VERY handy to be able to sync the rates of certain fx to increments of the BPM, such as each bar, or 1/4 note, 1/8 note etc. As well as syncing the Global Strobe to BPM increments. The current method of adjusting the slider for each effect or rate of each loaded preset isn't the best for accuracy to match the music at a show that changes speed constantly.

It would also be great to have a global color Hue Shift, This way I can create all my presets, for example, in "blue" looks, but with the global color Hue Shift I can scroll through to change the look and changing presets the color would carry over to the new look. As well it would be great to even automate this so there is a Global Hue Scroll at an adjustable rate. The current global FX color mask isn't exactly what I'm after.

Also, i would LOVE a XY pad for "morphing" between 4 saved states of a loaded preset. This would give a lot more freedom for performance aspect and give some pretty interesting results I figure. If you take a look at the visual software Lumen ( http://lumen-app.com MacOS only but free to download demo), you will see a great execution of this XY pad with 4 saved states in each corner of the loaded preset and the ability to morph in between them.

Lastly, I hope to see a updated User Interface for Madrix some day. It feels very Windows XP style right now. The touch interface was a step in the right direction, but would love just the whole program get a design overhaul someday soon. It seems it's more suited for "pre-program and execute" style of use, rather than on the fly building your looks as you go performance based, similar to how a VJ software would be for visuals. I find if i'm using Madrix on show and a song comes on, if I have an idea of a look I'd like to complement that, but don't have a preset already made, it's not as quick to create the idea. This might be limitations to screen size with various levels of menus & clicks needed, but something I'd love the Madrix team to brainstorm on!

Guertler
Support
Support

Re: BPM detection, Global Hue Shift and more!

Post by Guertler »

Hello dsquareddan,
Thank you for all your input. We added the input to the MADRIX feature list. Unfortunately I can not tell you when we have add this features to MADRIX at the moment.
Regarding your wish of the "Hue Shift". Can you please explain a bit more what is your expected result of this feature.
For instance we have an effect which consists of 2 colors, maybe red and blue. Now you want to use the "Hue Shift" to green.
Should set all fixtures to green without any proportion of the red and blue color? Like a replace of the colors.
Or should be the complete color range shifted to green including the proportion of the red and blue color?
dsquareddan

Post by dsquareddan »

sure. thanks for the reply.

What I mean by hue shift is what you described where the difference in colours in a preset would shift proportionally. But I would like this as a Global FX. So yes, if you have a preset which is blue and red, and you adjust the hue shift, it would turn to purple & yellow for example
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello dsquareddan,
Thank you for your explaination of this feature wish.