sACN/E1.31 setup question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

sACN/E1.31 setup question

Post by 12391 »

Excuse me, the sACN/E1.31 interface setup is really confusing. And I have not figure out a correct way for a whole day.
If I have 2 sACN/E1.31 interaces-----One output 3 universes dmx signals and the other output 4 universes. None of the universes is to be overlapped. Like I am using Universe One, Two,.....,Six, Seven.
How should I configure the dmx-device?
And should I set the number of Acn devices to TWO?
Thank you.
Frank xz.

Re: sACN/E1.31 setup question

Post by 12391 »

In ACN Device Configuration page,
should I set the "ACN universes" field to 3 and 4 respectively for each one?
But How I configure one deivce occupying Universes 1,3,5, and the other device occupying Universes 2,4,6,7??
In Device Manager page, the "setting" area, I can only input one universe number.
Can you give some help? thank you.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!
We will help you as best as we can!
Can you please let us know exact product information about two products you are using?
If you want to send in documents for us to check, please send an e-mail to info[at]madrix.com
Thank you very much!

Post by 12391 »

Hi, if I've not purchased your product maybe I can't get your help? :P
I am asking in the common situation.
In fact I am using an interface of 16 universes of Sandevices E682.
Best regards.

Post by 12391 »

Thanks for your 'dedicated' customer service. I am going to not buy any of your products.
best regards.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Please note that this Forum is moderated regularly by inoage/MADRIX during normal business hours (we are based in Germany).
If you have any urgent requests, feel free to contact us via e-mail or phone or any of our local representatives near you.
I am currently collecting more information about this topic and the mentioned products to help as best as possible as promised in my first answer.
Thank you!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi 12391,
Your approach reminds me of how Art-Net nodes are usually set up. However, it is a bit different with sACN.
MADRIX supports sACN in Multicast mode. This is also the mode that the SanDevices' user guide recommends as the first choice for the E682 pixel controller.
With Multicast enabled, the E682 supports output of up to 7 DMX universes.
In MADRIX, you would set up the ACN Device Count to 7 under Preferences > Options... > Devices Network for output of 7 DMX universes.
In the Device Manager, you would then see 7 devices, each with a different DMX universe assignment. (When using Multicast, a DMX universe strongly correlates with the IP address. When changing the DMX universe assignment, the IP address –more precisely the last digit– would automatically change as well.)
The E682 controller does provide a web page where the Multicast universes can be set up. The same universe assignment should be made in MADRIX. The pixel contoller should automatically pick up the data for each universe and assign correctly on its side.
Thanks.
jholmes

Post by jholmes »

Hello,

Bringing an old thread back from the dead, I also have a question about E1.31 setup.

In my case, I am using a PixLite4 whose IP address is set to 192.168.0.50.
My computer's IP is 192.168.0.1 and it is directly connected to the PixLite4 with an ethernet cable.

The issue I am having is this:

In the current configuration, I cannot control the lights.
However, I can access the PixLite's configuration windows through the PixLite configuration software.

If I change the IP of the PixLite4 (as directed to do so in the MADRIX manual) to something in the 239.255.X.X subnet, I can control the lights but cannot see the device with the PixLite configuration software.

I have tried changing my computer's IP to be in the 239.255.X.X subnet but am unable to do so.

My understanding is MultiCast should be sending data out the subnet I dictate in the settings "Enable ACN" menu. Am I missing something in the configuration?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
The predetermined IP address range of the sACN protocol is the 239.255.X.X IP address range.
If the PixLite configuration software will not work when you have changed the IP address to this range, it seems that there is something wrong in this software.
jholmes

Post by jholmes »

If that is the case, that the range is pre-determined, what is the point of selecting the adapter/subnet in the settings menu where you "Enable ACN?"

Multi-Cast is supposed to send the data to all devices on the adapter I set. If the adapter is 192.168.0.X, sACN should be sending data to the entire 192.168.0.X subnet.

I respect that sACN multi-cast data IP ranges are predetermined, but MADRIX is the only software I have had this issue with.