sACN/E1.31 setup question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Guertler
Support
Support

Re: sACN/E1.31 setup question

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
I think we need to clearify it a bit better. Maybe my explanation in the last post was to confused.
The multicast address range is predetermined to the 239.255.X.X by the sACN protocol. This address range is used if a controller/software will send the data in multicast mode.
Nevertheless the nodes can have an additional IP address which you can use for unicast and the IP address of the device is set to a desired IP address.
Now MADRIX is sending the data in multicast mode to the devices and it is equals which IP address is set to the network card. MADRIX will provide the multicast service for the selected network card and sends the sACN data to the connected devices. Because of that you have to choose the right network card where are your sACN devices connected.
jholmes

Post by jholmes »

Thank you,

That makes perfect sense. The issue I am now having is that when I set the IP address of my device to the subnet I have set on my network card (192.168.0.X), the data does not make it to the device.

Weirdly, when I set the device IP to the 239.255.x.x subnet, we can control the lights. That does not seem right.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,
Please double check the IP-Address of the PixLite4. If you want to control it with the PixLite4 software, the PixLite4 should also be set to the 192.168.0.X.
But still have in mind that MADRIX is always sending the data in multicast mode to the sACN devices.