Which Madrix for me?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

loko

Which Madrix for me?

Post by loko »

I have a 100 RGBW LED Strand.
I am going to permanently mount it in my garden.
In an optimum setting I would like to sit on my porch - spontaneously take out my Android smartphone, switch them on and at least switch between preset scenes if not program them on the fly.

Question: Is Madrix my solution? What would I need for a minimal installation?

I do not want a computer to run all the time just for some garden lights.
That would point in the direction of a Plexus.. but that's rather expensive for "just" garden lights.

I've read that you can control the Plexus through an i-phone. Is there a chance of it being Android compatible anytime soon? I'd have to go and buy one just as a remote.

Also the software looks great... but is an absolute overkill for my needs, as my matrix will only be 100x1.

The only thing that actually lives up to the specs is the fact that I'll need an entire universe of control as every LED has 4 channels.

I originally wanted to go the EUROLITEfreeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface way with their Light'J app but it doesn't seem to be up to the task. :(
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Which Madrix for me?

Post by Guertler »

Hello loko,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to control 100 RGBW in stand alone mode, you can use the MADRIX PLEXUS. At the moment there is only an App for iOS. But you can use the build in HTTP user interface to control the PLEXUS via another mobile device. You only need to write the IP address of the connected PLEXUS in the browser of the desired mobile device and it opens the PLEXUS user interface.
Another option is to use MADRIX on a PC. In your case you could use a MADRIX NEO.
In case to use MADRIX on a PC it is also possible to control it remotely via the HTTP user interface of MADRIX. If you want to use the HTTP interface of MADRIX, you don't need install an App. You only have to write the IP address of the connected PC in the browser of your desired mobile device.