Art-net pass thru from Martin M-PC

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dsquareddan

Art-net pass thru from Martin M-PC

Post by dsquareddan »

Hi, I am trying to send DMX data from both Madrix 3 and Martin M-PC to the same 16 Universe art-net device. I have Madrix running on all 16 universes, but have leftover addresses on Universe 16 that I would like to run other fixtures not suited for Madrix on (movers, strobes, hazer etc.)

Is this possible?

I have the art-net device running on Madrix properly, and I figured if I use the ArtNet Remote device with a static IP Address if I set M-PC art-net to that address it would work, but I must be missing a step.

Madrix Art-Net Remote - IP Address 192.168.1.22
Madrix DMX Input - State: On, Device: Artnet Remote, Mapping: Ch 160-512 (addresses of lights in M-PC) to Universe 16 Start at Channel 160
Madrix DMX Devices - Art-Net Remote Settings: Enable on
M-PC EtherDMX Settings - Art-Net ON, Unicast to detected devices, Override ON, IP 192.168.1.22, universe from 1 to 1
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Art-net pass thru from Martin M-PC

Post by Guertler »

Hello dsquareddan,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
I have some additional question:
Are you using MADRIX and the M-PC on the same PC or do you using 2 different PC's?
If you are using 2 different PC's, what is the IP-Address of the MADRIX PC?
What Art-Net node do you use?
Does the M-PC find MADRIX as Art-Net node?
Please check the DMX-Input data in MADRIX. Therefor please open the "Device Manager" in MADRIX, go to the "DMX Input" tap, select the desired input universe in the list and click "Watch Universe". Now the "DMX Watcher" opens, the "Input" button should be green illuminated and when you now change a value of a DMX-Input channel you should see this changes here. If you don't see any changes there isstill a problem in the communication between the M-PC and MADRIX.
dsquareddan

Post by dsquareddan »

thanks for the reply.
They are both on the same PC. the IP address of the PC is 192.168.1.102

M-PC is not detecting any art-net devices on the network, including Madrix's "Art-Net Remote".

I have tried the "Watch Universe" in DMX Input and it is not registering any changes in M-PC DMX Output.

Before I continue figuring out the problem, it is possible to do this tho right? Send DMX from another program on the same PC into Madrix. If so, then the problem is most likely lying with M-PC as I think i've done everything correctly inside Madrix, so I will contact M-PC on their forum
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello dsquareddan,
If both softwares are running on the same PC and you will send Art-Net data from one to the other software, please make sure that both are shares the network socket.
MADRIX shares the network socket so please double check if the M-PC does also shares it.
Also please make sure that the network card is active. In the most PCs the network card will be deactivated if the PC is not connected to any other network device.
When the PC has the IP-Address of 192.168.1.102, you also need to sete the "Receive only from IP-Address" in MADRIX to this IP-Address.
By the way: Normally a Art-Net communication should be at the 10.X.X.X or 2.X.X.X IP-Address range.
dsquareddan

Post by dsquareddan »

Ok thanks for the help. I will do some more configuring to try and get it to work
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello dsquareddan,
We have done some tests to connect the M-PC and MADRIX via Art-Net when they are running on the same PC and only one network card is installed. It seems that the M-PC shares not the network socket. So the M-PC will not find the MADRIX Remote as an Art-Net node and will not send any Art-Net data to it.
But what you can do in that case is to connect the M-PC and MADRIX via sACN and map/merge the received sACN data in MADRIX to a desired Art-Net universe.
On the MADRIX side you have to enable one sACN interface in the "Options" and change it to "DMX Input" in the settings of the "DMX Devices" tab of the "Device Manager".
On the M-PC side you only have to enbale the sACN options in the network menu.