Madrix with advatek pixlite 16 / 300 pixel strips

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

veteze

Madrix with advatek pixlite 16 / 300 pixel strips

Post by veteze »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my setup working with an Advatek Pixlite 16 control board over sACN with 300 pixel ws2811 strips. Is there a way to change to 1024 DMX? Right now I can only set 512 channels and then it flips over to the next universe. However I want to send 300 pixels down a single universe...

I think.

The configuration has me scratching my head. ArtNet was a lot easier to get going. But I was also using 150 pixel strips then as well. Ha!

Do I need to buy a Plexus to do this? I already have Neo and a basic key.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix with advatek pixlite 16 / 300 pixel strips

Post by Guertler »

Hello veteze,
In MADRIX it is not possible to patch more than 512 DMX channels per universe.
But when I understand the manual of the "Advatek Pixlite 16" right it can output 2 DMX universes (2 x 512 DMX channels) per port.
That means you have to split the desired 300 RGB LEDs in the MADRIX Patch to 2 universes. One universe will be patched full (in case of RGB LEDs there will be patched 170 LEDs/510 channels) and the second universe will have the remaining 130 RGB LEDs patched.
Now it should work when you assign the right (start) universe to the desired port at the "Advatek Pixlite 16".
veteze

Post by veteze »

Thanks Guertler.

I did manage to get this working by starting a new project from scratch.

They key was in the Advatek tool to assign the number of lights per strip to 300. And then in Madrix I just let it assign each fixture / universe sequentially - not trying to control / guess it myself.

Worked great! But then my 80 amp PSU started melting my wires. Whoops. Thicker AWG required. Duh!

Now to upgrade my key from basic to pro. ;)
bvanenk

Post by bvanenk »

Hai veteze,
I've a question about the Advatak Pixlite. I was wondering if the product working correctly and if the product is ok?
I want to buy the print if the working is good.
Can you inform me?
Thanxz!