patching / mapping "groups"

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Pecotic

patching / mapping "groups"

Post by Pecotic »

hello everybody!

i have a project with a total of about 10.000 pixels, aligned as a net. so i have vertical and horizontal lines with a lot of free space between each of them.
I would like to separate them into two groups. The verticals and the horizontals obviously.
I want the SAME effect to run on both, so that a graphical object is displayed correctly, only that i would have "holes" because of the free space. Id also like to blackout one group from time to time. or change the color, or any other stuff whatsoever.
so is there a way to get this done?

I know i can patch them as two independent matrixes an then do the mapping but then there is no chance to treat it as one "display"

please!!

thanks a lot!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: patching / mapping "groups"

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecotic,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to to create a grid of pixel lines you could patch for instance all fixtures for the vertical lines on one Z-Layers and all fixtures for the horizontal lines on another Z-Layer.
Now you can create 2 groups one group is responsible for all the fixtures for the vertical lines and the other group is responsible for all fixtures for the horizontal lines.
When you now want to create an effect over the whole grid, you don't need to map the effect.
If you want to create an effect only for the horizontal or vertical lines, you map it to the desired group.
Pecotic

Post by Pecotic »

okay... i just tried what you told me. seems to work out so far! thanks a lot!

anything i have to take care about when addressing the pixels since now i have two layers? or is that just virtually spoken?

and theres something more.
so now i have one effect on two different layers on different maps.
how can i control the two layers at the same time? (bpm, color...) ony in the master section or can i somehow link the controls?

cheers
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecotic,
When you are creating the patch of course you must pay attention that you patch the right fixture with the right DMX address and DMX universe at the correct possition in the MADRIX Patch.
But during the creation of the MADRIX effects you don't need to think about the DMX addressing.
When you are working with different layers on one Storage Place you can not link the settings. The settings of the layers are independent from each other.
But when you want to change the speed of both in the relationship you can use the "Speed Pitch" of the Storage Place or the "Speed Master" of the left or right side.
The colors of the layers are always independent.
In some cases it help when you are creating the effects per Z-Layer in a white color and use an additional layer only for the color. This color layer is mapped to all desired parts and the "Mix Mode" should be set to "Mask".