Goto Cuelist via Art-Net

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rcarmichael

Goto Cuelist via Art-Net

Post by rcarmichael »

Hello all, and happy New year!
I'm new to Madrix, and am having a problem recalling a particular Cue via Art-Net remote.
I am controlling Madrix with GMA2 On PC. I have the remote connected as advanced. All functions seem to work except the Goto command. I put in value 2, which should then immediately go to cue 2, but it doesn't. I have all other cue list functions set off.
Goto cue works in the Madrix interface, that is, when I manually type in 2 and press "goto", it goes to cue 2.
Any ideas?
Sincere regards,
Ryan
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Goto Cuelist via Art-Net

Post by Guertler »

Hello rcarmichael,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you are using the Advanced protocol to control MADRIX remotely the DMX channel 26 is respondsible for the GoTo command.
Please double check if you send the desired DMX value at the right DMX channel from your console to MADRIX.
You can easily check it with the help of the "DMX Watcher" in MADRIX. You will find the "DMX Watcher" in MADRIX under "Tools > DMX Watcher...".
In the "DMX Watcher" window please enable the "Input" button and choose the right DMX universe.
When you now change a value on the console you should see a change of the values in the "DMX Watcher Grid".
Please pay also attention when you want to GoTo cue 2 in the MADRIX "Cue List" you have to set the desired DMX channel to 1. Because the remote control of MADRIX is 0 based.
When you send the DMX value 2 to the GoTo channel, MADRIX will jump to cue 3 in the Cue List. If your Cue List consists only of 2 cues, MADRIX can not jump to the desired cue.
rcarmichael

Re: Goto Cuelist via Art-Net

Post by rcarmichael »

Thank you Guertler, I will give this a try.