Non rectangular LED pixel

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

teji

Non rectangular LED pixel

Post by teji »

Hello,

i work with non-square led pixel. they are rectangular (ratio 3:8 ). Then when i make a path and apply image on it, the image is disformed. it's normal.

Is it possible to make a patch grid with ration 3:8 ? Or is there a trick to disform a patch / matrix ? i would like to apply an image and get render not disformed on the led panel.

Thanks for your advice / help !
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Non rectangular LED pixel

Post by Guertler »

Hello teji,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
Of course it is possible to create a rectangle patch in a 3:8 ratio. When you now add an image and the image should not be disformed and fill the whole matrix you have the possibility to change the "Stretching / Aspect Ratio" in the image effect.
Under the following link you can learn more about the settings of the image effect:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... itmap.html
Another option is to create a customized image with the help of an image editing software. The size of the customized image should have the same size like the MADRIX patch. You add your desired picture to that image and modify it.
In MADRIX you can now open this new created image and don't need to change the "Stretching / Aspect Ratio" option.
teji

Post by teji »

sorry, but i probably make a bad explaination of my problem :
my LED block is rectangular, not squarre. but pixels in patch are square.
Then, when i want to display a circle, i have to first deform circle image to oval. then display it to get circle on led.
The solution was to create "rectangular fixture" and place on as rectangular voxel.

like this i can display send circle image to get it on leds.

you probably want to explain my i can make a patch "x-y" with ratio 3:8, but builded with square pixel.... ;-)
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello teji,
Now I understand. But can you please explain a bit more what would be the benefit if MADRIX displays a pixel not as a square rather as a rectangle in the previews?
teji

Post by teji »

if i have non-square LED, and redraw a patch with square pixell, they do not have the same final form/ratio.

EXAMPLE :
imagine LED 4cm width and 10cm high. i put 10x10 leds togheter. i got 40cm X 100cm screen. it's rectangular.

now i draw the patch on madrix with square fixture/pixel. result is a square 10 x 10 pixels.

if a draw a square in madrix , i get a rectangle on my led screen.

to get square on led, i need to disform (map) the original draw in inverse way as my led ratio. then the output is correct.

the idea is to load a square in madrix and display a square on leds (by example). for this we need to draw a rectangular fixture on rectangular grid. then choice ratio of grid. OR PERMIT A "GENERAL RATIO" setting on output ! then we can use all on real form, ration (1:1), the finaly disform the output (4/10 in my exemple)

otherwise all must be pre-disformed to be correctly displayed on led.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello teji,
Thank you for your detailed explanation.
At the moment we can fulfil this request in the previews.
But as a workaround you can change the preview mode to 3D and change the pitch between every pixel in proportion to the original ratio. The pixel pitch of the 3D preview you can change in the "Previews" tab of the MADRIX Options. After you changed the offset the previews looks more like your realistic construction.
But please keep in mind the MADRIX previews are technical previews to see how the effect is looking. If you want to have a realistic look of the created effects at the pre programming you have to use a visualizer software.
teji

Post by teji »

Thank you for your answer.
problem is not to correclty preview, but obtain on led what i put as original image/video ;-)
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello teji,
In case of your fixture proportion and the order of your patch of course a square will be displayed as a rectangle. So you have to adjust the effects in MADRIX. When you are now using MADRIX effects you will be able to adjust the look and the expansion of every effect which are the strengthen of MADRIX.
When you have changed the preview like I explained in one of my last posts you will have a more realistic look in the previews and you can use it for the preprogramming. Because MADRIX can not know by default how the desired effect or image should look at the fixtures. It can only send the data to the desired fixtures.