Madrix with multiple color choices?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Hcnip

Madrix with multiple color choices?

Post by Hcnip »

Hello,

I am a lighting technician and I have a client who has a Madrix installation for his bowling. The 10 lanes are illuminated with 10 pixel bar 36 showtec channels. My cient would like to illuminate each bowling lanes of different colors. Is it possible to do this with Madrix? I understood the principle of layer or mapping but impossible for me to achieve the desired result ... Perhaps it is possible to encloyer several submasters? Gender a submaster for a bowling alley?

Thank you for your answers.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Madrix with multiple color choices?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!
This effect can be achieved in several ways:
1) As you have already mentioned, one way to go is using several layers and mapping each layer to a different lane. You are probably 80% there. This tutorial could help you:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/h ... mappi.html
2) You could also use a single layer with the effect SCE Color Scroll, set up 10 colors in the Color Table and set up BPM to 0. If the matris is 10 pixels wide, you won't even have to adjust the Width parameter.
3) Or you can use a single layer and the SCE Gradient effect. There, you can define all your colors and the option FN will deactivate the fading between colors.
Does that help?
Hcnip

Post by Hcnip »

Hi, thanks for your reply. As I said, I already know the tutorials you've linked. I may have misrepresented my question. My client must be able to choose each track color independently of each other and easily by clicking on a button, finally it would be the same as an executor button of a grandma2. It must be easy for him to change color every bowling alley. The ideal would have been to be able to trigger several submasters at the same time! For example the first line of submaster would be the different colors of the first bowling line. The second line of submaster the second bowling libe and so on. As this could be easily switched from one color to another for each bowling line.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you very much for the additional information. It is much clearer now.
I am searching for a solution, but when using only the GUI it will be difficult, since MADRIX simply works differently.
Is it mandatory to only use the user interface or would you be able to install a DMX/MIDI fader/button board/controller?
And does he need access to 16 million colors or do you wish to set up a specific number of colors, say 15 for each lane.
I can imagine a solution, where we set up one Storage Place with 10 layers. Each layer includes a Effect Parameter Chaser with a Step list. Each Step represents a specific color. Via 2 buttons for each lane, the user could then switch through colors via up/down by using remote control. (I just saw that our MIDI/DMX Remote Editor, currently supports only up to 8 layers.)
Please let us know!
Thank you very much.
Hcnip

Post by Hcnip »

Yes exactly ! In the end I would like to install a midi or DMX controller. It has to be as simple as possible. No I do not need 16 million color. 15 colors already seems very good. If I understood correctly, would your solution be to have each bowling track on a fader and slide up and down to change the colors? If it is possible to have on top of that the intensity of each bowling alley it would be perfect! Or also if the fader is at 0% that the color is black. To finish and I think this is the simplest, I also have to create 2-3 effect madrix on all the alleys for specific moments. So you can easily switch between colors and effects.

Thank you so much for your attention to my problem.

And sorry if my English is not very good. I speak French ( :
Hcnip

Post by Hcnip »

Hello,

I come to the news to find out if you have found a solution to my problem!

Thank you
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!
I think I may have found a solution that extends the idea described above by using the left and right side at the same time.
Could you please send me the MADRIX Setup file including the LED configuration so that I can test it?
You can save the Setup file via the menu 'File > Save Setup As...'. Please send to info[at]madrix.com
Thank you!
tornel@yahoo.com

Post by tornel@yahoo.com »

Hello, i need some quick and simple video for my project like Video Mapping Stock. Advise the program for this.