Non-cubic lattice

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

aristocompasso

Non-cubic lattice

Post by aristocompasso »

Hi all,

I'm looking into Madrix as a possible solution for creating a non-cubic lattice, for instance, a sphere or a cone. Just to be perfectly clear, I don't want to draw a sphere inside the cubic lattice, I need the lattice to have a spherical envelope.

Would this be possible to achieve in Madrix, and how hard or simple would it be?

Thanks,
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Non-cubic lattice

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
In MADRIX it is possible to create a patch in a non-cubic arrangement of the pixels. When you want assign the fixtures in a non rectangel way, you have to assign the possition of the fixture manually.
But please keep in mind the MADRIX previews are technical previews. It should show how the effects are looking.
In some cases it makes sense to unfold the fixtures of the realistic sculpture for the patch. So you can get some other looks of the effects on the real fixtures.
aristocompasso

Re: Non-cubic lattice

Post by aristocompasso »

Thank you, Guertler, for your reply.
It solves my problems and enables me to propose the aquisition of a Madrix license. Could you direct me to the relevant section of Madrix docs where this technique is described? Patch editor?

All the best.
a.