Audio output trick?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Wolf

Audio output trick?

Post by Wolf »

Hi, I'm new on Madrix. I've an installation of 5000 leds that I command with nebulas.
I'm playing a video from Madrix, but I need to play also some music track syncronized with the video.
I've noticed there isn't any possibility to send out audio directly from Madrix.
Is there a solution or device to integrate with Madrix to do what I need, also using Madrix as "video" player and an audio player, both piloted by a third program?
Thanks ;)
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Audio output trick?

Post by Guertler »

Hello Wolf,
With the release of MADRIX 5 you will be able to playback the audio of video content.
In MADRIX 3 it is not possible to output the audio of an video.
When you want to playback now a video with audio or an audio file you have to use another program which can also send a timecode to MADRIX for the synchronisation of the effects. One famous software which can playback audio and send MIDI time code is called "Timelord MTC".
Landerer

Post by Landerer »

Will it be possible to play back one video file (with Audio) in the background, while also playing the cue list at the same time?

Thank you!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Landerer,

That won't be possible. The Cue List references the Storage Places where the effects are stored. SCE Video is such an effect and stored in such a Storage Place.

You can either operate and select Storage Places live or you can let the Cue List do that for you automatically. Both is not possible.

Thank you!