Displaying real-time video stream

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

glowstick

Displaying real-time video stream

Post by glowstick »

Hi!

I'm relatively new to Madrix. I am trying to figure out a way to show a real-time video stream from an external source (internet) in Madrix 3.6e.
I have a setup of an RGB matrix (screen) of 180 * 60 LEDs on which I want to show real-time visualizations. My current approach is to create a video stream that I am trying to get Madrix to display.

So far I have tried are the following:
- Creating a virtual webcam driver that takes an IP video stream and using SCE capture. This works but seems hacky/a workaround.
- Artnet Remote input. Problem with this is that only 4 universes are supported while I need to map to a matrix of RGB LEDs of 180*60.
- Create a MAS script that loads an external text file that contains a matrix of RGB values. This kind of works but is extremly slow and inefficient: it doesn't support 25fps.

Is there anything I am missing or is Madrix just not suitable for displaying real-time video streams?

Thanks in advance.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Displaying real-time video stream

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried to just use SCE Stream Capture?
glowstick

Post by glowstick »

I can't find any feature called SCE Stream Capture.
Do you mean SCE Capture? I tried that, but I'm not sure how I can pull a live stream from the internet with that.

Thanks!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

I am sorry, I meant SCE Screen Capture!
(Which MADRIX Software version are you using?)