Importing a 3D Pixel Patch?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

icecycle

Importing a 3D Pixel Patch?

Post by icecycle »

Hello,
I'm an artist presently working on an installation proposal for a museum. During my testing phase I've downloaded the most recent demo version of Madrix to see if it is suitable for my project. I've been playing with the pixel patching tools and wondered if it's possible to import a CSV file (or any other 3D format) that describes the X,Y,Z location of my RGB pixel points. The project is made up of a series of oval rings wrapped on the outside with led pixel tape. I have extensive experience in designing in Rhino 3D. Below is a link to an image showing the layout of my design and pixel counts of each ring. Right now I'm thinking the only way I could represent my design in Madrix is with a series of square pixel frames each on their own z layer to form a 3D facsimile. I'd like to here your thoughts on an approach.

Thanks,
Wil
www.icecycle.com

IMAGE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cez9mjhwns70v ... 2.jpg?dl=0
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Importing a 3D Pixel Patch?

Post by Guertler »

Hello icecycle,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

In MADRIX 3 it is not possible to import CSV files in the patch.
If you want to control a circle order of fixtures with MADRIX, it is recommended in MADRIX to unfold the circle to a line and patch this line. Now you will have a lot of possibilities to create creative effects with MADRIX. Of course the MADRIX preview shows now not the real object but you must keep in mind the MADRIX preview is a technical preview to show how the effects are looking.
If you will need a realistical look and feel of the project, I recommend to use a 3D visualizer software.