Running Madrix on a NUC

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

TidyMax

Running Madrix on a NUC

Post by TidyMax »

Hi guys!

Buying another Madrix pro key for one of my jobs next week and the customer isnt happy with paying for one of my i7 desktops. They have said they want as cheap and as small a form factor as possible.

Have you had any luck running Madrix on a NUC before? The install is all 2d but is around 16uni of pixel tape.

Cheers :)
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Running Madrix on a NUC

Post by Guertler »

Hello TidyMax,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum!

Witout any information about the performance of the NUC PC and the desired size of the MADRIX patch it is very hard to say if the NUC PC is sufficient for this job.
MADRIX is calculating the effects according to the used Matrix Size. That means if you will have a lot of space between each fixture of the 16 DMX universes you will need more PC power.

Maybe you can tell us some more about the project like total Matrix Size and also the hardware data of the desired NUC PC?
So we can give you a recommendation.
TidyMax

Post by TidyMax »

Sorry for the delay Guertler

X = 600
Y =12
Its running 12 strips of pixel tape (60 px per metre) the longest being 9.5m.

I estimated around 2800 pixels so 8,400ch or 16.5 universes.

I have just bought a dual core 3ghz i3 NUC and fitted 8gb ddr4 so dimm, this is slightly above the spec detailed on the Madrix minimum requirements page for example 1.

Let me know if you think this will cope or whether it will be sub standard.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello TidyMax,

If the i3 CPU has 2 cores and 4 threads it should be ok for this job.