Color Kinetics iColor Flex string configuration with PDS 480

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rjlights

Color Kinetics iColor Flex string configuration with PDS 480

Post by rjlights »

Hi,

We recently installed Madrix to control several Color Kinetics iColor Flex 50 node strings. The strings connect to 4 PDS480 power supplies. When I go into the patch, I see that the profile for the iColor flex 50 node string is a single straight line of 50 pixels. It does not seem possible to adjust the individual pixels on the string for spacing and order. How do I change this to be 10 pixels across by 5 pixels down, with the first pixel located in the upper right corner of the matrix (right to left, top to bottom order)?

Thank you.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Color Kinetics iColor Flex string configuration with PDS 480

Post by Guertler »

Hello rjlights,

Correct, the "Color Kinetics - iColor Flex 50" fixture is created as a 50 pixel line fixture in MADRIX. If you have installed this fixture in a different assignment in real, you can easily patch it with "!generic RGB Light 1 pixel" in MADRIX. Now you will be able to change the position for every pixel individually like in the real project.

In your case you can create the patch with the Matrix Generator in MADRIX. You have to chose "!generic RGB Light 1 pixel" as fixture, Count X = 10 and Count Y = 5. Now you only need to think about the correct DMX addressing and you can patch it.
Under the following link you can learn more about the Matrix Generator:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... patch.html