Creating a pixel map

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

TidyMax

Creating a pixel map

Post by TidyMax »

Hi guys,

I have done a few installs with Madrix and pixel tape but they have all been on a 2D plane. (Just ceilings) recently i have done an install in a room which had pixel tape in the ceilings/floor and walls and i was a bit unsure on how to do the patch!

I turned the ceiling into an EQ then wanted to control the walls and floors independently but some what struggled on how to draw/construct the patch, any help or advice would be appreciated.
DKLinc

Re: Creating a pixel map

Post by DKLinc »

Can always use the Z layer in the patch matrix to create multiple levels, and put floor on 1, walls on 2 and ceiling on 3. Just keep in mind the larger the patch matrix is regardless of how many pixels are patched, the more cpu processing power it will take to generate the effects.

Do you know how many total pixels there are in each direction? (across ceiling, floor, and walls - both vertically and/or horizontally)
TidyMax

Re: Creating a pixel map

Post by TidyMax »

Hey DK!

Yes Thilo replied to my email and said the same thing, he also modified my existing patch so i could see it.

I have patched all the strips already so i have a total pixel count etc i had never thought of using the Z axis like that but it makes perfect sense now!

Thanks for the reply!