Nvidia GTX1050 4G on DVI?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Odd

Nvidia GTX1050 4G on DVI?

Post by Odd »

Hi!

We are running Madrix 3.6G on DVI-license and have pixels 252*128*1 (XYZ).
PC-spec today is: Ci5 QC 3,1Ghz /8GB / 256Gb SSD / AMD Radeon HD 6450 :shock:

We dont have any heavy layer processing but our partner installed a couple of more intense patches and it´s lagging a bit. I´m going as a start update the GPU and due to our minimal usage i want to start with a Nvidia 1050 ti 4GB, would this be alright? Benchresults says that it is equal to a GTX960.

When are you releasing Madrix 5? Any new cool features for our usage?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Nvidia GTX1050 4G on DVI?

Post by Guertler »

Hello Odd,

Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

If the system is lagging, please have a first look to the CPU load of your processor. If the CPU load is nearly 100%, it is also a reason why the output will lag.
All MADRIX effects are calculated on the CPU. The GPU you will need to display the output on your DVI wall.
But of course the "Nvidia 1050 ti" will increase the performance of the GPU.
Odd

Post by Odd »

Hi!

We actually ended up with a totally new hardware. 8th-Gen Core i7 6-core at 3,4Ghz, Corsair 16Gb 2666Mhz DDR4, 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD and Geforce GTX1060 OC 3Gb GPU. Fractal design PSU and Noctua fans..

My hoping is that we dont need to upgrade in near future ;)

BUT, we have one problem, when setting Preview 1 output on second screen (LED-Wall) it´s working great but after a shutdown of the entire setup (PC and Wall) we have to set it up again. Saving the config dont help. The club owner isnt as techy as me and nor the staff. Is there any way to hard set these settings?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Odd,

The explained problem occurs always when MADRIX will not get the possibility to set the "External Preview" to the position of the last start.
A reason therefor is when Windows hasn't dedect the LED Wall during or before the start of MADRIX, MADRIX will not get the information of the whole display size and the pixel postions of the LED Wall are out of range.
Can you please try to start first the LED Wall respectively the video processor of the LED Wall before you start the MADRIX PC. When Windows has dedected the LED Wall before you start MADRIX, MADRIX will open the "External Preview" at the same position like the last time.