"Can't start audio!"

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Peejoir

"Can't start audio!"

Post by Peejoir »

Hi,

I'm receiving a "Can't start audio!" message when trying to activate the audio function. The Motu device is selected in the audio input. I'm running Propellerhead Reason Software which is generating the audio.

Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: "Can't start audio!"

Post by Guertler »

Hello Peejoir,

Do you use the Propellerhead Reason on the same PC and the same time as MADRIX?
At the moment I think the sound card will be use in exclusive mode from another software and MADRIX get no access to the soundcard.
If you are using the audio software and MADRIX on the same PC please close MADRIX and the audio software. Now restart MADRIX and try to use the audio input from your Moto soundcard to receive an audio signal via Line In from an external player. Can you now start the audio analysis in MADRIX?
If yes, you can try to work with a so called virtual audio cable. With the help of a virtual cable you can use the virtual audio cable as default audio device which will create a stereo mix to receive the audio in MADRIX and also you can listen to this device with your Moto soundcard to output the sound to the loudspeakers.
Peejoir

Re: "Can't start audio!"

Post by Peejoir »

I managed to get it so that the error message doesn't come up, anymore. Just needing to work out which channel to choose as the input in MADRIX. I'm running a 13.1 channel sound and light installation. I think it's just a case of getting the centre speaker signal being used to trigger the lights.