Audio Input - Sound Card, not Mic?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

billinsofl

Audio Input - Sound Card, not Mic?

Post by billinsofl »

Is there a way to get the Audio Device to listen to music playing from my sound card, via another application rather than the Microphone?

In Device Manager | Audio Input I can only see the Microphone. I'd like to get sound from another application running if possible.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Audio Input - Sound Card, not Mic?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Yes, that is possible, but only if your computer/Windows supports it or provides the required devices.

MADRIX accesses all devices which Windows offers for Recording.

Please make sure to go through the steps explained in the user manual and see if you can get Stereo Mix to work. If yes, you will be able to get the audio input from other applications.

LINK:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... ation.html
zeighty

Post by zeighty »

This can be a challenge. I have a Sony laptop that would not support "recording playback". Depending on the sound card manufacturer it may be called many different things. I purchased a $20 USB Soundblaster sound card and it supports this feature. They call it "What you Hear".
Also, if you get it to work but there seems to be an echo, change or disable mic settings.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello zeighty,
Maybe the echo depends on a setting in the "Microsoft Windows" sound settings.
Please go to "Start > Control Panel > Sound" and switch to the "Recording" tab. Select the "Default Device" and go to the "Properties". In the "Device Properties" switch to the "Listen" tab and have a look if "Listen to this device" is disabled. If this option is enabled it can be happened that you can hear an echo.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.