Does Madrix (any version) support multisystems?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mauri85

Does Madrix (any version) support multisystems?

Post by mauri85 »

Guys,
i m working on a project where we have to connect two different led systems to one madrix/pc.
Basically I have to link xx (ex. 5) different systems [running different animation from each others] to 1 madrix/pc/usb stick" , is it possible? If yes, how?
Can i open more project and run them (like for example Photoshop with more files)?
If not do i need 2 usb sticks? If yes, does windows allow me to open two Madrix softwares?? or does Madrix support VMware Workstation (virtual machine)?

Basically, the project is a disco's indoor and outdoor: one installation (wall) indoor, more installations (logos) outdoor, cannot have 1 pc/installation, it's absurd.

Hope someone here can help me out before we spend money (and specially time) on something that is not suitable for our project.
ThankS!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Does Madrix (any version) support multisystems?

Post by Guertler »

Hello mauri85,

With the help of MADRIX it is possible to output different effects/content to different possitions of your patch. That means you can map the effects to the different areas.

In MADRIX you can not open more than one setup at the same time. It is also not possible to run more than one MADRIX at the same time on one and the same PC. Of course it would be possible to use 2 MADRIX KEY and run two different windows in virtual machines at the same time. In that case you can work with two MADRIX on one PC. But this is not recommended because with the help of the virtual machines you will loose PC performance for MADRIX. Furthermore if you want to output the data via Art-Net, SACN or another network based protocol you should use different network cards for every virtual machine.

If you will need 2 different MADRIX systems in your club and control it only with one PC, the better way is to use two different PC with MADRIX natively and sync the two PC to each other. Now you will be abel to work with the "Master" MADRIX and the "Slave" MADRIX will follow.
mauri85

Re: Does Madrix (any version) support multisystems?

Post by mauri85 »

Hi there,
thanks for the prompt response.
I think we will give the VM method a shot, if the DEMO Software works out we will move to the real thing.
Again, thanks for the help!