Madrix 2.10 Issues

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

reporter

Madrix 2.10 Issues

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I am having an issue with our demo/show machine, where it inexplicably reboots every once in a while. I only use the machine for Madrix, and have tried to clean almost everything up off of it.

I haven't been able to fully realize why, but if I leave the machine for long enough it will either reboot, or Madrix will prompt to save the setup if it has been changed.

I decided to try to troubleshoot the problem by disconnecting the touch screen and that seemed to soft it, as it didn't reboot until several days later when I reconnected the touch screen.

I thought that is must be a fault of the touchscreen or driver (It's a 15" ELO touch screen.) and didn't really think much of it until recently when we updated a client machine to Madrix 2.10, and now their machine (in a nightclub!) inexplicably reboots, too! It also had problems seeing the Madrix key. They couldn't use the led wall at the venue (It's a 46 string colorkinetics wall) for the last two nights.

Have there been any changes to the Wibu Key driver with the most recent update? And might they have incompatabilities with USB touch screens?

I suggested that the light tech there make sure to change some value of the patches so that if it tries to reboot, Madrix will prompt for Save or cancel, and they are also going to not use the touch screen.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated!

Also, is there somewhere to download previous versions? I would like to go back to 2.9 to see if it might correct the problem?

Thanks,

Nathan
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Madrix 2.10 Issues

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
first of all i have to say there was no changes regarding the MADRIX Key driver and no critical changes regarding the Touch Screen.
The issue you describe sounds a little bit strange.
What kind of pc you use?
Is it a laptop?
If yes you maybe have to change the energy saving settings, so for example some times the power for the USB ports is switched off for energy save reasons which means the MADRIX Key is lost.
Also the touch screen has a USB connection, isn´t it?
Next you should check out if the windows automatic update (including reboot) is switched off if your computers are connected to the internet form time to time.
Beside this we try to figure out for our self if there is a issue with the MADRIX 2.10 like you described.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
reporter

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I'll admit it is strange. The one commonality of the two machine is that they are Mac Minis running Windows in Bootcamp. (The mac partition still exists, but is never accessed.) We only use the mac mini, because it is an ideal size.

We've set up the nightclub install with a backup computer they had. I will try to reinstall windows on the Mac mini and then reinstall Madrix.

It always seemed to me that something outside of Madrix was initiating the shutdown. I had thought it might have been an update process. Windows update, or apple (they do have Quicktime installed.) Even the windows event logs show no hints.

Thanks,

Nathan
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

OK,
please keep us informed if you still need our help.
good luck
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)