Complete computer lockup

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

milfriez

Complete computer lockup

Post by milfriez »

I am running Win7 x64. Running Madrix DVI edition 2.13a stable.

When choosing color scroll and clicking on M2L colors, the entire computer locks up. I cannot access even task manager to close the application. I have to fully restart the computer.

I have 3 machines that run Madrix, this only occurs on one of the machines. The other 2 seem to operate just fine using the same scenario. Is there any known running programs that interfere with Madrix. (Virus scan, firefox, chrome, winamp, etc.)

Typically for testing I pipe music out the audio card and back into the onboard mic for level purposes. Would this play any type of significant role in this scenario?

Thanks,
Brad
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Re: Complete computer lockup

Post by Pinzer »

Hi Brad,

is this really only happend when you press this special button? Because i can't see any processes behind this button, which interact with other things. the only thing what it makes is to popup this dialog.
So my advice is to run a memory check on this computer to test your RAM hardware, maybe there is a defect chip.

If the RAM are ok, so please try out what exactly must happen to crash, im mean does it only crash when music is on or also when it is out? Maybe we can so get a better chance to find the error.

When you get the chance to send an error report to microsoft (if your system ask you this), so you can do it, maybe we get it and can see what goes wrong.

regards,
Sebastian Pinzer
Gordon Lights

Post by Gordon Lights »

I am having similar issues on Win7 x64. My system has Quad Core CPU and 8 GB RAM, and while using Madrix at some point something will cause CPU to increase to 100%. The whole system becomes very sluggish and practically non-responsive. Madrix won't even trap the application close click. The only way to fix the performance problem is to End the Madrix process from the task manager, which takes a long time to get to.

Even more interesting is that once I've done this, I never get my CPU utilzation down to what it was before Madrix ran. I have to reboot the system completely. This problem does not occur on my other computers which are all Win7 x86 and WinXP Pro x86.

Fabian
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Of any reason i cannot reproduce this issue on my system win 7 x64.
Can you told us how you have set up the effect?
I mean which setp value which direction, is the fade option on or off, did you working with framefade, which bpm and so on.
Happen this each time on the system which fail or just from time to time in a random case?
Sorry for this lot of questions, but i need a scenario wich i can reproduce the issue.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)