Help Enttec DMX USB Pro works for 30seconds then stops

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Venuelive

Help Enttec DMX USB Pro works for 30seconds then stops

Post by Venuelive »

Hi All,
We have been running Madrix with a Phillips Color Kinetics I Color flex LED wall for 2 years now with no problems. We just recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 and we have a problem that we can't seem to fix. We are using the Enttec DMX USB Pro dongal as a DMX input control. Our Highend System Roadhog console controls the intensity and Blackout of Madrix's during our shows. After we install the Enttec drivers and install Madrix along with our Patch files and device files and enabled KiNet under the Device (Network) tab the Intensity fader on Madrix via the Hog works for 30 seconds or so and then stops. We have tried everything imaginable and yet can not get it to work. It use to work so well in Windows XP.
When we open the Enttec Ultility program it shows it is recieving DMX from the Hog console to the PC. The DMX information is not being read by Madrix as it use to in Windows XP.
Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Re: Help Enttec DMX USB Pro works for 30seconds then stops

Post by Pinzer »

Hi Venuelive,
in the last time we got often problems with the Enttec USB PRO as input and nearly all has the same basic problem. The Enttec USB DMX PRO interface has an internal buffer , which runs full when the software don't read the data fast enough. In current MADRIX versions we are reading the incomming data with 50Fps, which is more as the DMX standard of 43,3 Fps. Butit seems that many interfaces or consoles send the DMX data with higher framerates when they don't send the full 512 channels. So the result is that the input buffer of the Enttec interface runs full and madrix becomes delayed data. So in the next Release we want to allow inputframereates till 200 Fps to make it a little bit better. But the best ist allways to try to send full 512 channels to the Enttec interface, so the framerate cant get over 43,3 Fps.

Please check if you have the same issue or have you other symptoms?
Venuelive

Post by Venuelive »

I see what you are saying. When do you think this patch will be out?
Also, it worked fine under Windows XP. Is this also a Window 7 problem?
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hi,

problems because of the operationg system we got not reported until now.
So i can only advise to check that you have the newest driver for enttec installed.

By the way, did your Enttec Pro interface really hang or did is also only a delay.
If it hangs then please send us please a log file to info @ madrix.com. So maybe we can see more.
Venuelive

Post by Venuelive »

Yes we have the latest drivers from Enttec and the input DMX seems to hang. It works for 15 to 30 seconds the very first time then stops. Nothing after that. It will not work again until we uninstall everything and start again. I have the log. How can I send it to you?
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Please send the log file via email to info@madrix.com. So we can check this.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hi Venuelive,

thanks for the log file. In the log i can see the error which occured, but i must admit, that i have no idea where it come from. I tried to reproduce it but without success. So i can only speculate that there is a problem inside the drivers or the interface itself, which causes this error.
During my tests i also experienced some effects of hangof the interface, which i only get solved by rebooting. So i uninstalled the newest driver and took an older version (/driver/enttec/open usb/CDM 2.04.16.exe from the madrix cd). With this older driver i had no problems more, so maybe you have to try this also.
Venuelive

Post by Venuelive »

I will try that. If I can't find my Madrix CD can you email me the driver or show me where I can download it. Haven't seen the CD in 2 years.
Thank you for all your help.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

You can also download madrix and start the installer. Then select the interface driver section. That will copy the complete driver directory (the same like on the cd) in the madrix directory.
Venuelive

Post by Venuelive »

Found the drivers online. All good.
Thank you very much for all your help.
Take care.