Screen flicker with LED curtain

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mtrichard

Screen flicker with LED curtain

Post by mtrichard »

Hi-

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question, so apologies if it is not.

I am running Madrix DVI with a Showvision 50mm LED curtain (2 pieces, most of the time)

After setting up my T9 software and running test patterns, everything works OK- after launching Madrix, i am getting moderate to quite bad "flicker" on my LED curtain- if i close Madrix, it stops immediately. I have tried un-installing/re-installing, as well as using a fresh "config" instead of the one I have built up, all to no avail.

It can be alleviated by clicking around in Madrix through the "tabs", in a multi-layer program, which is what tips me off to it being tied to Madrix. I am about 90% sure i have everything set up properly in my generator and device manager (generic DVI 1x1, Pixel count is 96x32 for the 2 pieces of LED curtain combined)

Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated- the flicker renders the curtain pretty un-useable unless someone is watching it the entire show to try and get the flicker to a minimum when it occurs (which doesn't appear tied to a particular preset/video/etc...quite random, as I have tried pretty much every preset in Madrix to no avail, as well as turning off the audio function...)

Thanks in advance

M Richard
cheeweez777@gmail.com
jaekel
Developer
Developer

Re: Screen flicker with LED curtain

Post by jaekel »

Hi M Richard,

please disable all other software thats send data to the Showvision LED fixture.
I think your T9 software running in background and send data to your Showvision LED and MADRIX send at the same time data to your Showvision LED.
That's why the fixture flickering.
mtrichard

Post by mtrichard »

Thanks for the suggestion- I will be at my facility on Wednesday to test this idea out. I'll update then on my progress.
mtrichard

Post by mtrichard »

That was indeed the problem- once I disabled T9, the flicker ceased.

Thanks for the tip-

MR