visualiser for triangular pixel installation

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rodericwilson

visualiser for triangular pixel installation

Post by rodericwilson »

i have just made a painted white wooden light wall of boxes with LED lights in each box and have made each of these boxes /pixels triangular in shape .
with madrix you cant really see what the effects are going to look like in the preview windows because it only shows you square pixels .
this means i can only really make my effects when i have the light wall set up in front of me .
can anyone suggest some cheap techniques for being able to see what the effects will look like on a computer screen .
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: visualiser for triangular pixel installation

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi rodericwilson,

I am not sure if the following technique will get you there:

Have you tried creating an image where you put triangles next to each other and instead of filling the triangles you fill the space between them and make them transparent or white? You could then load the image in the first of 2 Layers and use it as a mask (probably with Mix Mode Mask)?
rodericwilson

Post by rodericwilson »

thanks for your reply Fritzche.

either i dont get what you mean or you dont get what i mean .

did you mean load the image into sce bitmap?- but surely this would just create an image out of squares anyway .

the triangle boxes i have made sit right next to each other with no gaps except the wood that separates them . they were originally a big wall of square boxes and i have put a diagonal in each box to double the resolution which makes all the boxes triangular.
each triangle is controlled by 1 rgb pixel from madrix.( i have 576 rgb leds so am using 4 x neos)

i think madrix does not offer a solution to visualise this so i suppose i am asking if anyone out there can think of any solutions using other software in conjunction with madrix .
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

rodericwilson
Yes, you are right in your supposition.
Not so far time ago, I have asked the same question, see http://www.madrix.com/en/home/forum/for ... f,3/t,779/
But that "other software" for realtime on-screen visualisation is not cheap!
Thus, this theme remains only theoretical for me until now.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi rodericwilson and Bichuch,
right what you ask for is the job for a visualization software like WYSIWYG, Capture or LightConverse for example.
The MADRIX Previews are very basic just technic views for what the MADRIX effects generate.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Is this (rather cheap!) software suitable for MADRIX's output visualisation?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Magic 3D Easy View is a 1024 USB/DMX-IN interface which is compatible with the Easy View 3D visualization package in FULL MODE. It allows you to connect a DMX signal from any controller (console/desk, software) to your computer.

When the Magic 3D Easy View interface is connected, it is also possible to use several other other forms of communication over Ethernet protocols (ArtNet, Sand-Net, ACDI, MEVP) from the lighting desk to the computer.

Note that a male-male XLR converter is required to gain access to the second DMX input universe.

I would say yes if you need no more than 1024 channels.
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

Wissmann wrote:Magic 3D Easy View is a 1024 USB/DMX-IN interface
When the Magic 3D Easy View interface is connected, it is also possible to use several other forms of communication over Ethernet protocols (ArtNet, Sand-Net, ACDI, MEVP) from the lighting desk to the computer.
I would say yes if you need no more than 1024 channels.
Do you think, that 1024 is not an interface-only limit, but a software itself too?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Sorry, i do not know, but you are right, maybe it is just about the interface.
How ever i do not know.