3d DVI mapping

Elusid

3d DVI mapping

Post by Elusid »

I would love the see the ability to make a DVI map in 3d. The map doesn't need to be 3d itself but I'd like to be able to rotate it into the z axis. The other part of this is then capturing that DVI map and sending it in an NDI stream.

For instance, in a room with pixels in the center and video walls, if you mapped the voxels in 3d space to scale and then put DVI maps allowing the 3rd dimension and sent those over an NDI stream into something like Resolume, you could do a color sweep across the whole system including the video and it will be one visual streamlined element... if that makes sense.

I know Madrix voxel mapping wasn't designed with this use in mind, however, it really opens up a lot of possibilities.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: 3d DVI mapping

Post by Schulze »

Hi Elusid,

Welcome to the MADRIX Forum!

Unfortunetly it is not possible to rotate into the z axies, sorry.

Since it is only possible to send (or receive) 2D content with NDI, you will need to create a 2D DVI Map in MADRIX 5. For example if you have a DVI patch with 3 z-layers, just bring all the DVI Maps (of the 3 DVI fixtures) to the first z-layer and place them right next to each other.

In the next step you will need to create 3 NDI streams and change the settings of the NDI streams in order to specify which details (which part) of your matrix will be shown/sent. Therefore select "Preferences" > "Device Manager..." > "DVI Devices". Under "Settings" you can change the start and end coordinates for each stream. At the end to NDI receiver needs to combine the NDI streams.

I hope this helps you.
Elusid

Post by Elusid »

Is there any difference in bandwidth use for a 10x10 ndi stream vs. 10x individual streams at 1x10?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Elusid,

I would assume that 10 streams generate more traffic, but this is hard to say. I recommend to contact the NDI team on that regard.