MADRIX 5 to artnet

bew

MADRIX 5 to artnet

Post by bew »

Dear all
I was download the Madrix 5 and has been tried to connected.
I connected to ArtNet but unfortunatelly that is no signal to fixture.

the differences between Madrix 3 is on Artnet setup (in device manager) that is show about Artnet Remote, but on Madrix 5 that is none.
In madrix 5 on Artnet setup that's only showed the ArtNet hardware with they IP after search by eye glasses.

Does anyone know why can that happens??
thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: MADRIX 5 to artnet

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi bew!

Thank you for your post.

There are many differences between MADRIX 3 and MADRIX 5, also regarding Art-Net as well as the demo mode.

Artnet Remote is no longer automatically added in MADRIX 5 (it was always only used for input and you can add manual input devices or input devices are found automatically), but that is not the issues you are facing.

The demo mode of MADRIX 5 no longer sends out data (including Art-Net) and that is why there is no signal to the fixture. When your Art-Net fixtures are connected successfully to MADRIX 3, they will also work in MADRIX 5.

Thank you.
bew

Post by bew »

Hi Fritzsche
Many thanks for your explanations :) :) :) .
Wish Madrix 5 will same with Madrix 3 especially for create preproduction :D :D :D
TidyMax

Post by TidyMax »

Hey Fritzsch!

This would explain why i have had a couple of calls off customers struggling with the Madrix 5 demo!

So just to clarify, you must have 3.6 installed and you must set up your artnet devices in there first?

Then you should open Madrix 5, add them in there then away you go? (Only for demo mode of course)

Cheers!