DMX 5 color light (RGB / CW / WW) cant find them

GRIFFCOMM

DMX 5 color light (RGB / CW / WW) cant find them

Post by GRIFFCOMM »

Hi, i am looking at Madrix, i can see 4 color fixtures (RGBW), however we use 5 color (RGBCWWW / Red, Green, Blue, Cool White, Warm White).

I found the fixture creator, but it appears we can only create fixtures with 4 colors, please advise?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2018 - www.griffcomm.ca
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: DMX 5 color light (RGB / CW / WW) cant find them

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Ashley,

Yes, the MADRIX Software is currently designed for a maximum of 4 regular color channels.

We can work around that, for example, by:

– Creating two fixture profiles and setting one of the white channels to a fixed value of 0, for example. In the software, we could then patch both fixtures to two separate areas and map our effects to the desired area.
– Splitting a single fixture into 3 fixtures: RGB, W1, W2. Similar to the approach above, we could then use several layers and activate the desired color channels.

Please feel free to contact us at info@madrix.com for further assistance. Thank you very much!
GRIFFCOMM

Post by GRIFFCOMM »

Hi

I have sent an email, is there a reason why no more information can be posted here?

I assume future releases with have the ability of having 5 color fixtures (with the correct colors used to render the light as needed).

I understand the CW and WW would need color temps added to the profile which sounds like a good idea.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2018 - www.griffcomm.ca
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Ashley,

There is currently no more information to add.

There is no way to currently create a fixture profile with 5 color channels, but we can assist in getting the workarounds implemented, which way easier to manage via e-mails since we might need to send test files.

Thank you.