LED Wall - which license?

Pecotic

LED Wall - which license?

Post by Pecotic »

Hi all.

I'm stuck with a really easy question i believe...
So i have 5 LED Wall modules, each 128x128 pixels, P4. All in one row with a bit of space between each of them. That means i have a display of 640x128 pixels, 81920 pixels in total (or more if i count the blank space).
I'm wondering if the basic license is enough since the resolution is 512x512 max, or do i need to upgrade?
Additionally there will also be some pixel stripes in the same project. The led wall at DVI out with a Novastar controller, and the stripes will go with a Luna 8, approximately 2500 channels.
All in 2D only.

So am i calculating right?

Thanks!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: LED Wall - which license?

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecotic,

In MADRIX you need to calculate only the patched pixels/voxels. Space between pixels don't influences the license. That means in total you want to control 81,920 DVI pixels and 2500 DMX channels (approximately 5 DMX universes).

With the MADRIX 5 KEY basic you are able to control up to 262,144 pxiels/voxels and up to 32 DMX universes. The arrangment of the DVI fixtures respectively pixels/voxels and DMX fixtures in the patch are equals.

In this case a MADRIX 5 KEY basic is sufficient.
Pecotic

Post by Pecotic »

Thanks for the fast responding.

Ok, thats what i thought, just wasnt sure.
Still, what is meant with the max resolution of 512x512 then? The display is wider than 512. Or is that a differend thing?

Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pecotic,

The resolution of 512 x 512 is only an example resolution what you can do.
But also every other resolution is possible. Only you have keep in mind the maximum voxel count per MADRIX license.
Pecotic

Post by Pecotic »

Ok, thanks a lot!!