PC Spec for basic 4 universe 2D setup

webcentrik

PC Spec for basic 4 universe 2D setup

Post by webcentrik »

Looking at the spec for a PC to run 4 universes of Pixel strip in a 2D configuration, low density high area, think tubes up a room and 5 rows of them. With S2L effects being used.

I've read the Madrix spec and am still not sure. I know bigger is always better but they say that higher processor speed with less cores is better than more cores at lower speed.

Would I be right then to think that a i3-7100 based machine running at 3.9Ghz 2 core would run this better then say and i5-7400 at 3.0ghz 4 core machine, surely not better than an i5-8400 at 2.8ghz with 6 cores? If all other parts were the same.

Or at this size of machine will it not make that much difference, better to go lower specced machine and chuck a load more memory in it?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: PC Spec for basic 4 universe 2D setup

Post by Guertler »

Hello webcentrik,

To run the explained setup you can use both CPUs. Of coures it is better to use a CPU with more power so you will have less workload for the CPU and you can add more layers.

MADRIX is calculating all effects at the CPU. Nevertheless we recommend to use a dedicated GPU.

Under the following link you will find the general system requirements:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... ments.html