Bulk Edit Display Names?

jholmes

Bulk Edit Display Names?

Post by jholmes »

I try to keep my patching very organized through specific fixture IDs and Display names that often include the fixture ID in the name (Because that is how Madrix defaults).

However, once a patch is made, if I have to go back and edit/delete/create anything, I find the new fixtures end up with names at the end of the numerical list rather than where I am working. Considering I will sometimes duplicate (Ctrl-Left Click) hundreds of fixtures, I really need a way to bulk edit the names, whether inside or outside of Madrix.

Thoughts?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Bulk Edit Display Names?

Post by Guertler »

Hello jholmes,

At the moment it is not possible to bulk editing the display names of added fixtures in the MADRIX Patch Editor. You can only edit the name of a single selected fixture.

But it is possible to save the MADRIX patch in an uncompressed format (*.mpx). After you saved the patch as with the file ending "mpx", you are able to open it with a XML Editor tool and change the desired settings via "search and replace" of this tool. After the edit you have to save the changes and open the patch in the MADRIX Patch Editor again.

Please note: When you edit a patch with a XML tool, you will do it at your own risk and we can't guarantee that MADRIX can load this patch again. It is recommended to create a backup before you change the patch.