Testing Madrix 5.2 - external DVI preview shows watermark but no content

dwhales

Testing Madrix 5.2 - external DVI preview shows watermark but no content

Post by dwhales »

Hi all,

I have been having a hell of a time with my new "Chinese" LED Video Panel Movers.
http://www.tauruslight.com/proinfo.aspx?id=7
They are an RGB LED panel of 64x64 pixels. The panel is mounted to a typical moving light type yoke so they can move (pan/tilt etc). These fixtures accept DMX (to control intensity, colour, built-in effects etc) and Art-Net to accept an external video signal.

The vague instructions I received (mostly by doing online research) state that I should run "DVI=Mapper" and then set up Madrix and overlay the two windows (the capture from DVI and the external preview from Madrix).

So far, I have the units seeing my computer and the Madrix software and the DVI capture software - as I can clearly see the "no key watermark" along with the coloured X. But I cannot get any graphics (internal effects or added images of my own) to show up on that external preview.

So, what am I doing wrong? Obviously, I want to make sure this software will do what I need it to do before spending that kind of money on it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The link below is a screenshot of Madrix and the external preview window.
https://imgshare.io/image/kly5w

Thanks in advance!
Darren
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Testing Madrix 5.2 - external DVI preview shows watermark but no content

Post by Fritzsche »

Hello Darren and welcome!

Since you are seeing the watermark and the rotating cross, you have successfully established the required connection.

Once you connect a valid software license, those graphics, effects, and visuals will indeed be sent to that DVI window/external preview. The demo mode prevents that.

Thank you.
dwhales

Re: Testing Madrix 5.2 - external DVI preview shows watermark but no content

Post by dwhales »

Thank you so much for getting back to me (both here and by email). I wondered if it was something like that. But I could have sworn when I first connected the fixtures to the pc, I had seen actual images other than the watermark/cross. But it must have been my eyes playing tricks. Haha

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
Darren