View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

jholmes

View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

Post by jholmes »

I have Advatek MKII boards which auto-populated in the ArtNet tab of the Device Manager. However, on the DMX Devices tab, I can only see the "device name" which is the same across all my advatek boards. How do I change this to show the long name (which is what Advatek allows me to set as a nickname) instead?

Secondly, nowhere on the DMX Devices page does it let me compare my virtual DMX universe to my ArtNet address. How do I do this?
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

Post by Schulze »

Hi jholmes,

Device Long Name:
- Currently you are able to find out the Long Name by double-clicking the device in the list.
- I created a internal feature request ticket (#6215) for displaying the "Device Long Name" also in the "DMX Devices" tab. We will keep you updated, using this thread.
- Could please send us a screenshot (to: info[at]madrix[dot]com) of your "DMX Devices" tab?

Universe assignment:
- You can find out the Network/Art-Net Universe in the "Device" section of the "DMX Devices" tab (please see the attached screen shot "DMX_Devices_Network_Universe.png").
- The "Highlight" functionality in the "DMX Devices" tab will help you with the Universe assignment.

Here you can learn how to use the Highlight function (Part: Highlight Mode):
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... =highlight

I hope this helps you.
Thank you.
Attachments
DMX_Devices_Network_Universe.png
DMX_Devices_Network_Universe.png (52.39 KiB) Viewed 19106 times
jholmes

Re: View Long Name in DMX Devices Window

Post by jholmes »

Thank you, will do.