Streamdeck and HTTP

webcentrik

Streamdeck and HTTP

Post by webcentrik »

I've been toying with the Streamdeck this week using the HTTP command set. Everything is straightforward but there are a few things that would be good to be able to do. Is it possible to change some of the parameters by +/-1 each time. Mainly Speedmaster, Master, Audio input level. I'm going to be looking at Cues and Layer Control over the next couple of weeks but it would be good to nail the faders first.

Anyone got any ideas or point me in the right direction.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Streamdeck and HTTP

Post by Guertler »

Hello webcentrik,

Thank you for the input.
I will add this wish to the MADRIX feature wish list.

At the moment you will need to create an own javascript based web service which will get the current value, increment or decrement the current value and send the value to set it in MADRIX.
webcentrik

Post by webcentrik »

Guertler,

Do you have any examples of this to be able to modify.

Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello webcentrik,

The needed web service must be created besides of the MADRIX HTTP remote. With the Stream Deck you have to call the desired web service function. This web service function will need for example the following content to increment the Output Master:

Code: Select all

if([IP address]/?GetMaster < 255)
{
	[IP address]/?SetMaster = [IP address]/?GetMaster + 1;
}
But maybe there is another option to solve your request without any additional web services.
The Stream Deck offers the possibility to send MIDI commands with an additional "Action".
Therefor you have to install the MIDI plugin at the Stream Deck Control Software and also a Virtual MIDI cable software/driver.

After the installation of both please start the Virtual MIDI cable application and restart MADRIX and the Stream Deck Control Software. Now you are able to add "MIDI Note Commands" at the Stream Deck and assign desired Notes, Values and the MIDI Output port to the Virtual MIDI cable.
Now the Stream Deck is sending the desired MIDI command via the Virtual MIDI cable.

At the MADRIX side you open the "Device Manager" and activate the "MIDI" tab. In the "MIDI" tab you will also find the virtual MIDI device. Please activate it and enable "Remote".
Now you have to create a user definde MIDI configuration via "Edit" at the "Remote Control" section and the "MIDI Remote Editor" opens. Now you can add and assign your desired commands. Furthermore all MIDI functions have a parameter "Interaction". With the help of this paramter you are able to increment or decrement the assigned function via using the value "Up" or "Down".

Under the following links you can learn more about the MIDI Remote Editor in MADRIX 5:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... ditor.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/m5/HTM ... _midi.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/m5/HTM ... i_map.html