Better video quality on RGBW fixtures

Jlapeire

Better video quality on RGBW fixtures

Post by Jlapeire »

Hello! I’m looking to improve the quality of night footage.

Say I have footage looking out of the side of a car and it’s at night. When I play the video the color is way off. The dark greys and blacks read as white. I’ve tried some filtering and overlays but I can’t really get what I want. Any suggestions?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Better video quality on RGBW fixtures

Post by Guertler »

Hello Jlapeire,

To analyze the explained issue a bit more in deep can you please send us the used MADRIX setup and at least one of the used videos to info[at]madrix[dot]com?

Furthermore please have a look at the video itself. If the reolution of the video is higher than the MADRIX matrix size, the video must be scaled. During scaling some video information will be cumulated. To prevent the scaling in MADRIX please scale the video with a external video editing tool to the resolution of the marix size.

MADRIX will also output the video data pixel exact so please double check if the desired video has the desired color at the desired pixel. Sometimes videos have some strange fragments which also will be outputed.
Jlapeire

Post by Jlapeire »

I'll send it to you!

It's not an issue with the video - because it does the same thing with the screen capture effect.

My lights are being controlled with https://dmxking.com/led-pixel-control/ledmx4-pro and I'm wondering if that's the issue.

The basically I need a black color on the video to register as a dimmed or shut off pixel, like an Oled screen. Instead it registers as a grey or white light, which ruins the video.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Jlapeire,

Please double check the capture area of your screen if the sent information are 100 percent black. Maybe it is not 100 percent black. Even DMX value 1 for red, green, blue and white will illuminate the LEDs.
You can be sure if MADRIX capture the black color from the desired area of the SCE Screen Capture effect it will be send as black to the fixtures for this area.

To test if the black color will be interpreted as black at the fixtures you can also use the SCE Color effect and send the color black to the fixtures.