Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

dijjital@gmail.com

Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

Post by dijjital@gmail.com »

I'm setting up a show where we need certain cues to trigger at specific times (via timecode). Other cues need to be triggered via the follow cue function and still others need to be triggered via MIDI commands.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I have some cues that are set to timecode, I can't play any other cues in the list because the playback is "stuck" on whichever cue is playing from timecode.

Is there a way to override cues playing from timecode until the next timecode trigger is reached?
dijjital@gmail.com

Re: Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

Interesting, it seems like the behavior of a timecode triggered cue being held on regardless of other triggers is only happening when the timecode window is up and selected. If I close the timecode window or I select "Layer Control" from the drop down I can trigger other cues via MIDI and override the currently triggered timecode cue. I wonder if this is a peculiarity of the cuing system or I'm just not understanding how it works
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi dijjital@gmail.com,

The set Time Code can be seen as a start point for the CUE. If no Duration has been set, the CUE will be played back endlessly until the next valid Time Code. An option would be to set a seperate button on the MIDI controller to set the Time Code Source to "None" and vice versa. Could you please send us your MADRIX setup to info[at]madrix[dot]com?

Thanks in advance!
dijjital@gmail.com

Interesting solution! Yeah I'll shoot this over to you now. We can continue this conversation via email ;)

THanks guys!