Mixed mode?

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Vendetta

Mixed mode?

Post by Vendetta »

Does Plexus allow stand alone mode and artnet mode at the same time?

I have some LED stripes, they are ocupying 600 DMX channels. So universe 1 is full, universe 2 still have a lot of free DMX channels. I want connect some moving heads and dimmers to this universe and control it by other artnet software.

Does Plexus convert artnet to DMX while it is playing a preprogrammed show from memory card?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Mixed mode?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

I just want to make sure, that I have understood you correctly:

Your question is if MADRIX PLEXUS

- runs a stand-alone show and sends out data from the SD card to the fixtures via DMX/XLR

- at the same time, receives Art-Net data from another software and sends it to DMX 2 as well?

Is that correct?
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Please excuse my bad English language, it's hard to translate for me :c)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

No need to apologize! Your English is fine! I just wanted to make sure that we completely understood your request.

The answer to your question is yes and no. Let me explain:

1. If needed, you can easily create and upload a show to the SD card that only uses 1 DMX universe. MADRIX PLEXUS then only sends out data for up to 512 DMX channels on DMX 1, for example.

2. At the same time, you can send Art-Net data to the same PLEXUS, route it through it, and send it out on DMX 2, for example. You then have stand-alone data from the SD card on DMX 1 and live data from Art-Net on DMX2, for example.

In this way, the answer is yes.

But:

3. MADRIX PLEXUS does not merge stand-alone data and live data on DMX 2. (This would be required in your case, since you are using not only 512 DMX channels on universe 1, but also nearly 100 channels on DMX universe 2.)

If you are sending, live Art-Net data
to DMX 2, the PLEXUS will only use the live Art-Net data, even if your show file / configuration includes stand-alone data for channels on universe 2.

4. When PLEXUS receives live data (for DMX2) it stops the stand-alone playback - but you can manually start it again without problems.

In short:
So, if you can use your LED strips only on DMX universe 1 and the other fixtures via the other software only on universe 2, it would work.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
sajjad321

Post by sajjad321 »

If you are sending, live Art-Net data
to DMX 2, the PLEXUS will only use the live Art-Net data, even if your show file / configuration includes stand-alone data for channels on universe 2.

You can easily check out our high quality 642-467 - transcender which prepares you well for1Y0-350 - braindumps - dump testking. You can also get success in realciis.edu exam with the quality hodges and selftestengine.
Last edited by sajjad321 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Correct
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)