Luna 16 via artnet

Moderator: MADRIX Team

stevenhallav

Luna 16 via artnet

Post by stevenhallav »

I am having tons of issues with my Luna 16 running via artnet. I have connection from my console to a switch before the Luna but no connection between the Luna and the switch.

I am using a Dell XPS running windows 8 and Madrix 3. The PC is connected to a brand new linksys swtich, then 200' of cat 5, then into a 2nd linksys switch, then to a 5' cat 5 into the luna.

The Luna works fine via USB, but my computer has to be 200' away at FOH.

Thoughts?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Luna 16 via artnet

Post by Guertler »

Hello stevenhallav,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to control a LUNA with MADRIX via ethernet you have to make sure that the used PC and the LUNA are working in the same IP address range. The default IP address of the LUNA is 10.X.X.X (X is a number between 0 and 255). You will find a label on the backside of the LUNA with the correct IP address. The IP address of the PC must also be 10.X.X.X but can not be the same IP address as the IP address of the LUNA.
When the LUNA and the PC are working in the same IP address range please start MADRIX and go to "Preferences > Device Manager" and switch to the "Art-Net " tab. Please make sure that Art-Net is "Enabled" and then click the "Search" button.
In the following link you can learn how you can connect an Art-Net node in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... t_net.html