openGL issue with preview pane

JTB

openGL issue with preview pane

Post by JTB »

Hi Folks,
The preview pane in my version of Madrix suddenly stopped working claiming that it needed openGL 2.1 and I only had 1.1 installed.
What has me scratching my head is that I made no updates anywhere, it just stopped working.
I thought it might be the hobo Intel graphics card so I installed an Nvidia GeForce GT710 and updated the driver but same issue.
Any ideas?

thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: openGL issue with preview pane

Post by Guertler »

Hello JTB,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

If the MADRIX Preview will display the explained warning, it means the used graphic card don't supports openGL 2.1 or higher. If the used system was already working correctly, please double check the driver of the graphic card again. Sometimes there are issues with older drivers after a Windows Update.

If this will not help, please send us a MADRIX logfile via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
Please go in MADRIX to "Tools > Logfile", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the Logfile.
JTB

Post by JTB »

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
The driver for the original graphics card (integrated Intel) must have been updated during a windows update because I made no changes to it otherwise. I tried updating the driver for the Intel card but it did not help so I disabled it and installed the Nvidia card, assuming it would support openGL 2.1 but apparently it does not. I will check with Nvidia.
In the meantime, here is the log file as requested https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vquI8 ... sp=sharing

thanks again
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello JTB,

Thank you for the information and the logfile.
According to the logfile the used GPU driver is not a NVIDIA driver. The PC is using the standard Microsoft driver which is used from "Windows" if no other dirver is installed.

Please try to reinstall the correct NVIDIA driver for the graphic card.
JTB

Post by JTB »

Interesting. I disabled the Intel graphics card before installing the Nvidia card and installed the latest driver for it so I'm not sure why it's doing that.
JTB

Post by JTB »

any idea why Madrix still thinks the old Intel GC is active?
JTB

Post by JTB »

Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi JTB,

Do you launch MADRIX with the correct graphics card?

Therefore please perform a right mouse click on the application Icon > "Run with graphics processor" > "High-performance processor".

Does that solve the issue?
JTB

Post by JTB »

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I don't see that option. I am right-clicking on the desktop icon I typically use to launch Madrix.
Is there another icon I should try?

JTB