SUPPORT FOR CHAMSYS,HOG3PC USING MADRIX AS FIXTURE

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

KEX

SUPPORT FOR CHAMSYS,HOG3PC USING MADRIX AS FIXTURE

Post by KEX »

Hello

Im searching for a MADRIX Fixture with the different Protocols (Modes) for
Chamsys MagicQ and HOG3PC (Roadhog full boar)

and if there is any USER EXPIERENCE with the Lightning Desk and MADRIX

I want to control the Madrix Server with this Desks and extra made Fixture and not with Generic Desk Channels

Thx

Best Regards
Aleksander Ecker
Vienna Sound Vienna Light
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: SUPPORT FOR CHAMSYS,HOG3PC USING MADRIX AS FIXTURE

Post by Wissmann »

Hi KEX,

unfortunately we from MADRIX currently are not able to give you a fixture for Hog or Chamsys because we have no experience in this and have it not here in our office.
So i hope some other MADRIX user here can help you.
BTW. since MADRIX 2.12 you are able to define the DMX remote protocoll for MADRIX by youself.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
completeLighting

Post by completeLighting »

i have alredy build the Madrix 12 Channel Fixture for Chamsys.
Send me a mail.
best regards
Joern
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Joern,

I can arrange to put the fixture + your info on our website if that is something you are interested in.
completeLighting

Post by completeLighting »

no Problem. So i will copy the Fixture tomorrow on my stick and send you a mail :)
Jinkun

Post by Jinkun »

Hi guys,

I'm totally new to this but I really hope you guys can give me a helping hand with this relevant topic via a situation I'm facing here currently.

The club I'm working for owns a chamsys mgq 200 and just recently we ventured into the madrix with led tubes installation.

We have 2 sd controllers connected to 2 different signals for the tube lights; vertical and horizontal. They are connected to a modem on port 2 and 3 and to a i3 CPU on port 1.

1. How am I suppose to warp up the connection into chamsys? Where do I connect the cat6 cable from chamsys to?
2. I just saw the personality file for madrix in chamsys site, is that the one you guys are talking about?
3. If so do I patch madrix into chamsys just as how arkaos mediamaster is done (artnet; I already read the user manual for madrix for artnet and will try my best to trial and error it out with my limited knowledge ... )

The advices from you guys will be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks !!!

P.s : sry guys, pardon my ignorance. I'm trying my best to fully utilize the new equipments I have in my work premises to make things more convenient, interesting and educational.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Jinkun,

I will try to answer your questions as best as possible, but I think it would be great if you can write an e-mail to info[at]madrix.com to discuss all the details involved in your setup.

1. Please provide as much information about your LED products and your controllers in you e-mail and we will have a closer look. Right now, this question cannot be answered without further information I'm afraid.

2. It could be possible that Chamsys has it on their site. Can you please provide a link? However, we do have it on our website and it can be found here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/download/ ... tware.html

3. I think the process you describe relates to CITP, which is a communication protocol enabling media servers and consoles to "talk to each other" (e.g. Thumbnails). MADRIX and Chamsys do support CITP (CIPT v1.0 with MSEX v1.0 and MSEX v1.1 to be specific). So yes, it could be more or less the situation you describe. However, we know of some difficulties with Chamsys and they are currently working on a fix or have it fixed already with a new software update.

As mentioned above, we would be happy to help further via e-mail. Thank you very much!