Control heirarchy in Cuelist.

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

reporter

Control heirarchy in Cuelist.

Post by reporter »

I have an interactive installation that triggers cues in the Madrix cuelist via DMX input. I don't want to add time controls to the DMX sending unit that triggers everything, but I want to go to a Black cue overnight.

If i set a timed cue that starts at 10:30pm for 8 hours, will that override DMX input calls to a cue that resides outside the times portion?

Thanks,
reporter

Re: Control heirarchy in Cuelist.

Post by reporter »

Here's what I have setup up.

A number storage places linked together and timed to songs with the entry cue to each sequence of cues are triggered by DMX. When the sequence of 10-15 cues are finished a follow cue directs it to a looping series of "rest" animations, that loop until the installation is triggered again, and then another song sequence plays. I wasn't using any timecode for this, just cue durations to time the sequences.

The cuelist has 20 song sequences with durations, and the 20 rest animation cues with 3 minute durations. Between each of these are blank cues with no duration. The song sequences all point (with a follow cue) to the looping rest animation sequences. The external DMX trigger calls the song cue and activates a song. This all worked fine in this way. I'm using the external DMX to switch between mini cue lists within the whole cue list.

Now, I added a black cue to play from 10:30pm for 10 hours, and enabled the system time, at the end of the duration of black (8:30am), I go to a cue with no duration to wait for the first trigger of the day. It goes to black successfully, and when an incoming DMX cue tries to kick it started, the Black cue overrides it.

But in the morning, the cuelist gets stuck in the looping series of rest animations (I think because they all have durations?). Is there a way to have get out of a looping series of cues while System Time is enabled?

Thanks,
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Control heirarchy in Cuelist.

Post by Guertler »

Hello reporter,
When you are working with timecodes in the MADRIX Cue List you will not have the possibility to trigger the Cue List with a "Go" command. That means when you are using only the timecode option in one cue MADRIX waits for the next valid timecode. This property is also given when you will have only one cue with a timecode and the other cues with a duration. Because MADRIX will caluclate the played cue in relationship of the set timecode.
What you can do in your special case is to work with a Main Output Macro which stops and start the work of cue list at the desired times.
Are you familiar with creating a macro in MADRIX?
If not, we will help you to create this macro.