2color pattern

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

AB801

2color pattern

Post by AB801 »

I am new to Madrix (we are use a Plexus unit) and after working with the tutorials having problems trying to create a basic 2 color pattern - any help would be appreciated.

I have a simple outdoor sign with 18 letters in a straight line. Each letter has a single RGBW fixture lighting it. All lighting looks are static. We want to have the letters alternating colors (eg. Red and Green for holidays, Blue and Yellow for local sports games), etc. I can get all types of single colors without any problems. I have gone into the Patch editor and created 2 groups (Odd and Even) and then, in a new space, created 2 layers - 1 is red with a MAP of Even and the next layer is Blue with a MAP of Odd. When I look at the display for the space, all the fixtures are the Odd color (blue) except the far right fixture with is the Even color (Red). Any ideas as to why only 1 even fixture is changing to the correct color? Thanks!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: 2color pattern

Post by Guertler »

Hello AB801,
Welceome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to use the groups for the Mapping in MADRIX, the groups are working like a bounding box. That means for the Map the groups are includes all fixtures from the top left selected fixture to the bottom right selected fixtures and the effects will influence also fixtures which are not in the group but inside of this bounding box.
In your case I think you can work with the Tile Mode in the MADRIX Mapping. So you are working still with 2 layers. You have to create a tile of one of your letters, set the tile mode to "Repeat" and change the offset to the desired value (for instance for all Even fixtures). In the next step you have to repeat it for the second layer (and odd fixtures). In this step you only have to change the position of the map.
Under the following link you can learn more about the Tiling in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... space.html
AB801

Post by AB801 »

That helped me out and I have the effect I need. I was thinking of groups like a lighting console, not boundaries. Thanks so much!
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello AB801,
In case of dimming a group which you can do in the MADRIX Group Control you are right. The groups working like on lighting consoles.
But for the mapping it works as a bounding box.