Star Wars Intro

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

username

Star Wars Intro

Post by username »

Hi,

I want to create a text intro like in Star Wars films with MADRIX.

What do I have to do?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Star Wars Intro

Post by Guertler »

Hello username,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
The first part of the intro (the zoom out of the "Star Wars" logo) is possible when you are using the "SCE Ticker / Scrolling Text" effect in combination with an "Effect Parameter Chaser" which will chase the size and the position of the mapping.
But it is not possible to modify the "SCE Ticker / Scrolling Text" effect that you can see the letters bigger at the bottom and smaller at the middle of the matrix. Like in the original intro.
You can only scroll from buttom to the top but without changing the size during the scroll.
If you want to have a look of your intro like a the "Star Wars" intro I would recommend to create a video with video creating software and playback the video in MADRIX.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello username again,
We found a solution to create also the second part of the "Star Wars" intro with a MADRIX effect.
Therefor you have to use the "SCE Counter" in MADRIX, change the Strings to your desired strings.
Now set the "Postion Y" to 100, the "Horizontal Text Alignment" to Top, change the "Scale" for X and Y, the "Pitch", the "Fade" to a desired value, set the "Interpolation" to "0" and change the "Direction" from "Bottom to Top".
To combine both effects you could use one storage place with 2 layers. The first layer consists of the first part of the intro and the second layer consisits of the second part. Now you create a delay of the second layer with the help of the chaser and set the BPM to 0 in the first chaser step and to the deired value in the second chaser step. In the last step you only need to configure the "Wait" time for the first step and the "Loop Count" to 1.
username

Post by username »

Hi
Thanks for your help.
I have tested it.
But I do not understand all your settings.
Please can you make one or several screenshot with the settings for better understanding?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello username,
I think it would be more easy when you send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
So I can send you a little example setup where you can see the settings for the effects in MADRIX.