Runtime versions and Plexus

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

aristocompasso

Runtime versions and Plexus

Post by aristocompasso »

Hi,

If I have my laptop/PC running a Madrix program on site temporarily, I lose my key to do proper work for the duration of the event.
What solution do I have besides purchasing a second, third, fourth key, that will be in excess after the event ends?
Many softwares have runtime versions.
What about Madrix?
Can I use Plexus for Stand Alone and control as many DMX channels as I need? Will I have performance issues with "heavy" effects?

Grateful for your advice.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Runtime versions and Plexus

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
For MADRIX 3 it is not possible to buy a runtime version. Every MADRIX KEY is valid all the time.
If you lose the KEY we have no chance to replace it.
With the help of the PLEXUS you can run a show stand alone. The PLEXUS is able to output up to 2 DMX universes. If you want to output more than 2 universes you can connect several PLEXUS in Master/Slave mode. The Master/Slave mode makes sure all scenes are running synced.
The perfomance of the PLEXUS is strong enough to have no performance problems equals which effect you will record and playback.
aristocompasso

Post by aristocompasso »

Guertler, thanks for your reply,

What if I need to run the program on a laptop/PC because of other requirements, do I need to buy another key?

All the best,
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
If you have connected the PLEXUS to the PC via USB or ethernet, you don't need any other MADRIX license to output up to 2 DMX universes. Because the PLEXUS includes the MADRIX license for 2 DMX universes output.
Only if you want to use the MADRIX software separately from the PLEXUS, you need an additional MADRIX license.